During our time at Zions the kids picked up the Junior Ranger program for $1 each. They completed their books and were able to earn a Ranger Badge. The books taught them how to keep the Park Clean and to look for wildlife. They learned a lot and we were glad that we bought them.
Things I learned on this trip:
- The water jug leaks when it tips over. (After a trip to Wal-mart for a pitcher and towels to bail out the water from the trunk...we were good)
- It would be a great investment to buy each of the kids their own hiking backpacks to carry their own water and granola bars.
- Mason does NOT sleep in hotel rollaway cribs. Lucky Mom and Dad!
- Roasting hot dogs and smores with the family was sooo fun!
- A free hotel with swimming and a continental breakfast...need I say more?
- Leaving the toiletry bag packed at the house does not do us any good on the road. We now all have a travel size deoderant, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes.
- Being surrounded by these beautiful huge mountains can be such a humbling experience.
- I like family vacations more than material things. But I have to take pictures so I can remember the experience. Here are some pictures we took: