Friday, December 25, 2009
The girls received a new pair of pajamas, Jordan received PJ Bottoms (the shirt is old), and Mason received new slippers (which he LOVES).
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
1. If you haven't heard yet...we're having a boy! We can't wait. We're trying to pick out a name and hopefully we will have one chosen by April.
2. We had a good time at our Ward Christmas party. We ate food, saw Santa, sang karaoke (well Kaylee and Lexi did anyways), and went room to room while being told the story of Christ's birth. Mason was a little tired and ornery that night, but we still had a good time.
Mason isn't in the picture because he was terrified of Santa and refused to go near him. The ironic thing is that he talked about seeing Santa all day long and even told us he was going to ask him for a little computer for Christmas.
3. Recently, Mason has decided that he is done with naps. Some days he'll take them and some days he doesn't even seem remotely tired. Some days he'll just crash wherever he is, especially after an emotional 2 year old tantrum. Here are a couple of places I have found him: He fell asleep to the lull of the vacuum.
This second one is at the second to top stair. He threw a tantrum because we didn't go into the library to exchange his books (I used the drop box outside of the building). He was really tired that day. Obviously, for safety reasons, I had to move him.
4. Our ward family surprised us the other night with a gift on our doorstep. It was a gingerbread house kit. The younger three kids had a great time putting it together (Jordan was too busy doing something on the computer).
5. Unfortunately, all 4 kids have been sick. It wouldn't be a Farr Family Christmas without someone sick. I think Jordan and Mason are the only ones who will have lingering symptoms for Christmas. Doug and I are crossing our fingers that we don't get sick ourselves.
6. It snowed and snowed today. We are all excited to have a white Christmas. :) I don't know if I'm just being lazy or if it's because I'm pregnant (we'll opt for that), but I didn't get Christmas Cards out this year. Happy Holidays to all and I have enjoyed reading the cards that we have received. If you want to know what we've been up to this year....just read our blog. :) Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I promise....this is the band. Next weekend the band gets to go to Denver and march in the Parade of Lights there. This was a great practice run for this even bigger event. The kids had a great time listening to Christmas Music, seeing Santa and his reindeer, and even getting a little bit of candy.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
It's been a crazy weather week. On Wednesday and Thursday it snowed all day dumping nearly a foot on us and cancelling school. Then, yesterday and today it's been really warm and most of the snow is melted. I'm glad it turned out warmer for trick-or treating. I hope all of you are enjoying your Halloween!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Doug and I are expecting our 5th child in April. Our first four were planned, this one is a little bit of a surprise. The emotions that I have felt the last few months have been so incredible. First, it didn't feel real. I thought, NO WAY. I had prayed about it earlier and felt like...yes, we are done. I didn't feel physically, emotionally, spiritually, or financially ready to have another child. Slowly, over the past 3 months, I have been able to change those feelings to acceptance, peace and overwhelming joy. I love being a mom. I love watching my children learn and grow. I love the excitement of holidays that children express. I've just started my 2nd trimester and I know that once this new little spirit comes, I won't remember how our family was without him/her. At one time I even felt guilty for being pregnant. I know so many women who struggle with even getting pregnant. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He knew that there was just one more spirit waiting to come down.
When we told the kids, they were sooooo excited. They had me pull out their scrapbooks so they could see what they looked like as a newborn. They jumped online to look at the most popular baby names. (Which they are convinced we are having a boy named Tyler). I overheard the girls playing dolls and one of the dolls was a baby boy named Tyler. So cute.
Since we were "done", we gave away ALL of our baby clothes, furniture, maternity clothes, etc. So it'll be like starting all over again. Most of the stuff we had was from Jordan 10 years ago and is outdated anyways.
So, here is to another life changing experience!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Kaylee and her friend Eden
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I recorded a little bit of them playing. They didn't start playing until after they passed us, so unfortunately, you'll see the back of them.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
We are renting this home for now. We still need to sell our house in NV before we can buy another home. We really like it here so far.