Monday, January 11, 2010

Enjoyment

Every year my goals are the same:
  • Lose weight
  • Get out of debt
  • be more organized
  • read the scriptures more
  • be more consistent with family prayer
  • write in my journal
  • become more intelligent
  • be a better wife, mommy, daughter and sister
  • Read more
  • go on more dates
  • go to the temple more
  • blah blah blah

Every year I strive to become a better person, but my goals are endless. They always will be. So this year I will still focus on my endless list of goals to make me an amazing person :), but I am mainly just going to concentrate on enjoying life. Enjoy my family, enjoy my friends, enjoy laughing, enjoy not having to work yet, enjoy learning and growing spiritually & intellectually. I'm just gonna take it all in. What are your goals this year?

5 comments:

Stacie said...

You are awesome! I always have the same goals as well and most are the same as yours. It is funny because I was thinking the exact same thoughts. This is a time to enjoy life and what is happening right now. We are totally on the same page!

Kathryn said...

Goals...Goals...this is probably one of the first years in a long time that I haven't written down some new year goals. I am still trying to convince myself that I am going to make it to the end of this pregnancy. I need to get on it. Actually that should probably be my goal...to enjoy being pregnant. That is not an easy goal for me.

Kathryn said...

I had to make another comment because I was just on the Allen family blog and noticed a comment from you. It's a small world...Heidi was one of my very best friends growing up. Our families did everything together. We were both in eachothers weddings. That was you commenting on her blog right???

Sandy said...

Well, I have lived a LONG life ..oh I shouldn't say that..I have 20 more years at least to go...right. That should be one of my goals.
My goal is to have a Great Year with only happiness and no sorrow.
To have fun with my kids and grandkids and continue to keep my family close. Try to enjoy one day at a time...and oh yes...all those goals on your list! To serve others and show love by doing so.

Casey said...

I am done with most resolutions, because they generally don't inspire, but bring on guilt. Same as you, just working on ENJOYING it all! Hopefully that will bring on the passion for all that other stuff.