Sunday, August 29, 2010

Arrow of Light Ceremony

I am very proud of Jordan for earning the highest award in the cub scouting program...the Arrow of Light. He turned 11 in June, but the Arrow of Light ceremony was this past Friday. Since Doug and I are the Cubmasters in the ward we were able to plan and conduct the ceremony. I made sugar cookies and a special cake for Jordan and Rowdy (another boy in our ward). We had fun decorating and putting it all together. That's hard to read, but it says "Rowdy & Jordan 2010 Arrow of Light"

We went to the church early to set up. We had a fake fire, a table with electric battery operated candles, a tent, trees, the bridge, and white Christmas lights strung around the room. My flash on my camera actually worked pretty well. All of the lights were off in the gym. Jordan walked across the bridge and was met by the boyscouts. I don't really have a picture of the bridge, but it is pretty cool. Some of the boyscouts made it for the crossover ceremony and they put holes in the outside to post the flags. Very cool. We decorated it with Christmas lights. In the ceremony we painted some stripes on their cheeks and across their foreheads. They also got that really cool Indian hat that I made out of duct tape. :)

Congratulations Jordan!

3 comments:

nana said...

What a nice ceremony. And as always I am impressed with your cake! Marilyn

Stacie said...

You did a great job. You are lucky to have Jordan get that while you are the cubmaster. You got to make it really special for him. awesome cake!

Kelli said...

Wow! That is really impressive! Our Arrow of light ceremonies are nothing compared to that. I may have to copy some of your great ideas and pass them along to our Cubmaster. The cake looked great!