Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Terrible 2...I mean 1.

I've always said that the terrible twos started at 1 1/2 and lasted 2 years. Maybe I need to edit that to starting before 1 1/2.....
What is that you ask? It's whiteout tape.

I decided a long time ago that I absolutely love this age. Yes...you can't leave them alone for a second (or pay the consequences). This incident actually happened to be on Doug's watch while I was at work, but could've easily happened during mine.

What I LOVE about this age is their progression. It always amazes me how much a 1 year old learns in one year. Noah is already saying a ton of words (and tries to say almost any word now). It's fun to see his personality develop. He gets really excited about Dinosaurs and Dogs and likes to imitate their "growls". So cute. He is now an expert on our stairs and I am glad to get rid of the gate. He did scare me for a while because he insists on going down the stairs forwards instead of sliding on his tummy. He is an expert now though.

The older kids are having their impact on him too. The other day he found a stick, pointed it, and said "DIE". DIE DIE DIE. Yep. You sometimes get the bad with the good. They also taught him how to give a knuckle bump with the ppsshhhh sound added. We gotta make sure this kid is "up on the greeting trends".

I am excited that he goes to Nursery in 4 more Sundays (and one of those Sundays is General Conference). So only 3 more Sundays to go before I can just sit and enjoy class...So looking forward to that.

What a sweet boy.

2 comments:

nana said...

Whew. . .you are one busy mom and lady! I've been in scouting for over 20 years now. I love working with the boys. As a nana, those terrible 2s or even 1s aren't too bad when mom is having to deal with it!

Sandy said...

Noah is a curious and active boy!!!! You have your hands full for sure. Nursery...here we come!
He is also a cutie too!!!!!!