Friday, April 11, 2008

April Events

Spring Fever! The temperature in Pahrump is very pleasant during this time of the year. We certainly have been taking advantage of the weather by doing as many outdoor activities as our schedule allows.

Mason's First Birthday!
Mason turned 1 on April 9th. We celebrated his birthday with Grandpa and Grandma Farr who came to visit us during conference weekend. Mason LOVED his birthday cake. I've never seen a kid eat cake so fast (he had two cupcakes).




Scrapbooking

I enjoyed a fun-filled scrapbook weekend in Cedar City, UT with family. I am very far behind on scrapbooking and could use one of these "weekends" every month. I was privileged to use the "Cricket" that Aunt Yvonne gave us girls for Christmas. I loved it and wish that I could have one at my house all of the time. (I tried talking the girls into letting me take it home to NV, but since there are 6 women in Utah and only me in NV...they wouldn't budge.)

Visitors
Doug's Mom and Dad came for a visit over conference weekend. Doug and I spent a night in Las Vegas to celebrate our wedding anniversary. (We had our 12th wedding anniversary last November, but due to our hectic schedules this is the first chance we've had to go on a date since then). We spent all day Saturday shopping, but not before I won Doug in a quick game of boggle. We enjoyed visiting with Doug's parents and hated to see them leave.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congratulations on winning the boggle game!!! I played my first boggle game a couple of months ago and won. It's always fun playing with someone who is extremely competitive, and considers themselves an expert of the game.