Monday, April 28, 2008

On a good note...

Last week the High School performed their annual Spring Music Recital. Doug's dedication and hard work has shown throughout the past few years through his student's success. This year was no exception. Although these students still have a long ways to go, they have improved remarkably since Doug first started teaching them. The audience gave a standing ovation to the Jazz Band and the choirs have done an exceptional job this year. The kids and I attended the first 45 minutes of the concert and then we had to leave before I tore my hair out. (Handling 4 children 8 and under in a concert setting can prove to be difficult at times). I'm looking forward to the day I can watch an entire music concert of Doug's without the stress of enforcing good behavior (so pretty much when my kids are grown and out of the house).



10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....BLAST OFF!

Jordan participated in his first Space Derby in cub scouts last Friday. His rocket never did make it to the end of the rope, but he did come in 2nd place during one of the races. I learned a lot about making the rocket. There are several improvements that I will make to next year's rocket.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congrats to Doug for doing such an awesome job. And congrats to Kristi for even attempting to take the kids and making it 45 minutes. God Bless you, woman!