Saturday, May 3, 2008

Terrible 12-month old?

Everybody knows about the terrible 2's. Well, Mason decided to start a little early. Although he just barely turned 12 months old in April, he is well on his way to destruction. A few examples? His most favorite thing to do is to throw things into the toilet. Of course, the rule is to shut the toilet seat as well as shut the bathroom door, but with a house full of people this doesn't always happen. Yesterday he threw my hair straightener into the toilet. It's completely fried. Not to mention disgusting. (Doug is at Wal-mart buying me a new one as we speak). He also tried to throw Doug's cell phone in the toilet. Luckily it was being charged and it was connected to the wall. He got half way to the toilet before he sprung back in surprise. Of course, these things happen right before my eyes, but he is so quick. I feel like I'm in slow motion....saying "Noooooooooooo" as I'm running towards him. He KNOWS he is doing something bad. He always looks at me and gives me this look. He's thinking, "Look at me mom, I'm gonna do something bad. Are you gonna stop me?"

Today the kids had a primary activity at the church and we had some leftover chocolate treasures. The kids brought the bag in and left it on the floor (this, unfortunately, is their usual behavior). Mason found it and started eating one with the wrapper on and all. He walked into the bedroom where I was and when he saw me he turned and started running from me as fast as he could because he knew I was going to take it right out of his mouth. What a fun chocolaty mess.

After the 4th child it's just easier to laugh and hope to make it until bedtime. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

lol, what a cool kid...I mean I'm sorry to hear about the toilet thing, but other than that.

Katie said...

They learn it so young when they have others to watch. At least you realize the only thing you can do is grin and bear it (otherwise you'd go insane!)

Brandon said...

Wow... that look sounds oddly familiar! Maybe we should get Trajen and Mason together.....then again...