Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday & Retirement Mom!

Today is a very special day for my mother. Not only is it her birthday, but it is the day she retires. Hopefully her friends at work are giving her an extra big party today. I thought I would share a few thoughts about my mom.

  • My mom is ALWAYS there for me when I need her. I can call her any time of the day and know that she will take time for me.
  • She is a spiritual giant. She is always in tune with the spirit and is a great example to me by following the Lord.
  • She hates doing dishes, but always did the dishes for all 8 of us kids growing up. The laundry was also nonstop, but she doesn't mind folding clothes as much.
  • I remember she rocked me to sleep even when I knew I was too old to be rocked. I love her rocking chair.
  • One of her favorite hobbies is camping. She would go nonstop during the summer if she could.
  • She loves buying new things. New clothes, household accessories, etc. She likes to stay in style and have nice things.
  • She loves painting/crafts and is a perfectionist. She will paint something over and over until it is just right.
  • She cares about other people and cares what other people think of her.
  • She's the biggest worry wart I have ever seen (her and my sister Marilee).
  • A Russell trait....any sniffle, it's right to the doctor.
  • She has many talents (but is currently hiding her singing talent).
  • She is social and likes it, but if you ask her she may not agree.
  • She loves sweets (Peanut M&M's, Cheesecake, and Chocolate Chip Cookies are among her top favorites).
  • She's the best Mom ever!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & RETIREMENT MOM!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's so sweet. Happy Retirement and Birthday! I hope she'll now get to do plenty of camping and shopping.