Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mason's First Haircut

I've known for a while now that Mason needed a haircut. My mom is the expert at doing these kinds of things, but since she lives in a different state...I just had to wing it. To give you a little background of my haircutting abilities......My mom asked me to just "straighten" her hair along the back (She cut all of her own hair, but just couldn't see in the back very well) and I just couldn't get it straight. We had to call in another sister to fix the mess I made to the back of her hair. I blame this on my cutting skills since Kindergarten. I have a progress report from Kindergarten where I received excellent on every ability except for cutting....I only received an "OK" on my cutting skills. I have to say that I have put in some great effort since that "incident" with my mom and have cut Jordan's hair a few times (but normally only in the summer when nobody really cares). Here are some pictures of Masons first haircut (I dare say that it turned out OK):

This is the before shot. He has been teething so you'll notice not only his long hair but the massive amount of slobber on his shirt, and red skin due to so much slobber.

This is Doug with the first attempt to cut Masons hair. :)

That didn't work too well, so I got out the hair clippers.

He didn't like it at all. I was trying to work fast. I intended to let him have a lollipop during this process, but one of the kids must have found it...because it wasn't where I had hid it.


Soon the whole ordeal was over and I got my smiley Mason back again. Whew...we all survived.

4 comments:

severts6 said...

Mason's hair looked great today! I had no idea that you did it yourself.

ps. The Dean's started a blog: kandjdean.blogspot.com

Katie said...

He looks wonderful! Good job, Mom. I've never been brave enough to cut Seth's hair (other than the first odd length strands here and there). And Garrett's 3.5 and never had a haircut!

Heather said...

It's scary cutting someone's hair. The only person's hair I have cut is Kira's, mainly just evening out in the back. It's scary because she's a hair stylist, but at the same time she knows that it may not be perfect.

Heather said...

I just remembered. When Kira cut Trajen's hair she let him feel the clippers so he was used to the buzzing first. She explained that she does this for kids to help them feel more comfortable.