Sunday, July 20, 2008

Highlights

This last month has been really busy and I thought I would share some of our highlights.

Jordan had his 9th birthday on June 12th. He invited 3 friends over for a sleepover. They ate pizza, played the Wii and watched a movie. He had a great time.


Fathers Day turned out to be pretty crazy and busy. We were able to throw some steaks on the grill and open a few presents. Doug is a wonderful husband and father. He always knows what to say to the kids to boost their self esteem and make them feel special. I couldn't have asked for a better Dad for our kids. We love you!

The Jensen Family came to visit the first week of July. The cousins played and had a great time. Some activities we did were:
  • Lied Children's Museum
  • Watched Wall-E in the theatres
  • Swam in our pool nearly every day
  • Movie night with popcorn and Pink Panther
  • Walked through some local model homes
  • Set off fireworks in the front yard on Independence Day
  • Wii competitions (Tennis was fun...Doug and I against Stacie & Darren)
  • Ash Meadows Reservoir (This wasn't as fun because it was closed when we got there)
Stacie, unfortunately, has been pretty sick with her pregnancy. She made it through all of our crazy ideas though. The cousins had a really good time together. It's too bad the Jensens went home with a flu bug. (It must have been a bug that we had already had because none of us got it and their entire family came down with it.)




Kaylee celebrated her 7th birthday on 07/11/08. The day before her birthday we went into Las Vegas and went Miniature Golfing. This is the first time our kids have gone and they thought it was so much fun. The Golf Course was decorated in black lights. We also went to the Mall and out to eat. The best part about her birthday is she lost her top front tooth. She, of course, wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking for something a little extra since it was her birthday.



This last week we had a great time with Doug's brother Kevin, his wife Pela, and their 2 year old Tui. They listened to a time share sales meeting and received 3 nights at the Stratosphere. We watched Tui while Kevin and Pela went on a date and spent the night at the hotel. The next night, Kevin and Pela stayed at our house while Doug and I spent a night on the town and slept at the hotel. Of course, we got the better end of the deal because they took our 4 kids while we only had to take Tui. (And we didn't have to sit through the sales meeting either :)) This came at a perfect time because it was my birthday. As a splurge, Doug and I went and saw the Blue Man Group. It was expensive, but TOTALLY AWESOME. I loved it. If you ever have the opportunity to go to a show in Vegas....this is the show to go to. So needless to say, I had a great birthday! I also went to a salon earlier in the week and got my hair done. This is a treat since in the past I normally only go about once a year.

Well...this sums up the highlights of this past month. I can't believe how fast the summer is passing us by.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe Jordan is already nine! That's just crazy.

Sounds like you've all been very busy, but at least you're having fun!

Heather said...

I really wanted to see the Blue Man group when I was up the last time, but only a few people in our group could afford to go.

severts6 said...

Yay, I love blogs! Did you hear that Kathryn started a blog? I have a link to her blog on mine, if you want to see it. Your link is up now too. Who else could we recruit???

Kathryn said...

I would love for you to put my link on your blog. I put you on mine. How fun!! Now I will actually get to keep in touch with you more. I love your blog.