Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Wedding Anniversary

Thirteen years ago today, Doug and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Four kids, three apartments, and two houses later, we are just as happy as the day we were married. We were pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous weather that day. Usually in Utah at this time of year, the leaves have mostly fallen off and there is snow on the ground. But in 1995, we woke up to blue skies, no snow, and those beautiful fall leaves were still hangin' on.

I love my husband because:

  • He is always trying to improve. Not only in our relationship, but in EVERYTHING he is involved in. (Thus, there is never enough time in the day) He's always setting goals.
  • He is very smart. I've always wanted to be smarter than him, but I know I never will be.
  • He is very talented. This is pretty obvious to anyone who knows Doug.
  • He is pretty good at playing boggle. Although he tries to make up a word here and there to get one by me. Good thing I'm pretty good at boggle too! This makes for great competition.
  • He puts up with me wanting to change the furniture around every six months.
  • I love that we have several common interests.....Yard work, reading, watching "our shows" (Smallville & Prison Break), Camping, Games, Puzzles, & Dining.
  • He is a great father. The kids just adore him and there definitely is a certain glow around the house when Daddy is home. They can't wait for him to be home.
  • His sense of humor. I don't think I could be married to a man without a sense of humor. I love to hear him laugh!
  • Becuase he married me!
Here are some pictures of our special day

Happy Anniversary Doug! I love you!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats Doug and Kristi! Here's to many more happy years together!

Cami said...

Congratulations!! These pictures are great...I love to look back at pictures of momentous occasions in my life, it makes me remember how much I truly have to be grateful for!!

severts6 said...

Congratulations!!! I love looking at wedding photos. It's fun to see how young we all looked back then. Yeah, I said we, just go with it!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! Boggle huh? I haven't played that game in forever but I used to love it! I am with you on changing the furniture around. I like to do that too! Did you do anything special for your anniversary? Hope you have a great time! Thinking of you