Thursday, November 20, 2008

Utah Rocks!





This weekend is the big game between University of Utah and BYU. Since Doug attended the U of U and we lived in their Marriage Student Housing for a few years, we are big fans of the Utes. Don't get me wrong, we still like BYU...but when it comes down to a game between the two, we are rootin' for the Utes. This year the Utes have been amazing. They haven't lost a game yet. 11-0. Woo hoo! If I'm not mistaken, BYU is 10-1 so they're having a great year too. This Saturday the two rivals play each other and it should be an exciting game. If we have time, we might take a few U cupcakes around to the Y fans to spice up the excitement. If you are not from Utah....you probably don't understand the hype between the two teams. In fact, I think that there are a lot of Non-Utahn BYU fans out there who are fans of the Y just because of the LDS connection. But those who live in Utah know and feel the rivalry connection...it is in the air. I just have two words.....GO UTES!

P.S. Thanks to my sister-in-law Crystal for the inspiration to post this article.

1 comment:

Anjie said...

GO UTAH!!!! I like the cupcake idea....red velvet cake, white frosting, red "U's"....I think along with some Utah Dryer's ice cream it will make a great gift for the BYU fans across the street!