Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Shower

Last week, I gave a good friend of mine a baby shower. She is due at the beginning of January. I had a good time and was happy to be able to celebrate this upcoming addition to her family. She is having a boy. This will make 4 little boys running around her house (in addition to 2 step sons that live with their mom). She's destined to be the only girl in her family...just like my sister Marilee. As predicted, several people were unable to attend due to the busy season, but those that were able to attend enjoyed themselves. We played 3 games. Guess what's in the bag, Candy Bar memory game, and guess the lullaby song title. Here is a picture of Debbie playing a game:
(I offered to hand her the bags, but she insisted it would be easier if she were on the floor)
This next picture is a picture of Debbie's Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law playing games:
Here is a picture of some of the guests eating lots of yummy food. We had lots of finger foods. I offered Mexican 7 layer dip, deviled eggs, crackers & cheese, veggie tray, cookies, and homemade candy (divinity, toffee, peanut clusters, & peanut butter balls). The food was yummy and my family enjoyed the leftovers for a few days after the shower.
Debbie opening up some gifts:

I can't wait to see her new little one. (Probably not as anxious as she is though). I am also anxious to see my sister's new baby. She is delivering on Monday. This will make it her 5th. Doug's cousin is also having a baby soon. Everyone is excited for this delivery because of their long and difficult struggle to have a child. Babies, Babies, Babies!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Babies are AWESOME!