Monday, December 1, 2008

Tis the Season

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday. My parents came for the holiday and we had a very pleasant visit. Thanksgiving dinner was definitely easier to make this year with my Mom making half of it. I was sad to see them go, but look forward to our visit in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures this holiday.

I am happy to announce that we are completely done with our Christmas shopping for our children. Not only are we done shopping for them, but we have all of the presents wrapped too! Woo hoo! We do have a few more presents to buy for a sibling drawing, but it feels good to be mostly done. Now that all of the commercial stuff is out of the way, I am looking forward to:
  • Focusing on the true meaning of Christmas. I hope that everyone can take the time to read about Christ this month and truly remember what a great majestic being He is.
  • Listening to Christmas music. I love Christmas Music. It always sets a wonderful tone wherever it is played.
  • Looking at Christmas lights. I love driving around looking at the lights. We will be putting ours up soon.
  • The smell of Christmas. I love the aroma of Christmas. The Cinnamon, berries, chocolate, mint....all of it.
  • Family. About 6 years ago, I used to think that Christmas was just so hectic trying to visit all of the family and getting home late...not even having time for our own family. Wisdom with age and moving to a desert away from family has made me realize how much I actually loved those days and I miss them dearly. I'm so excited to spend Christmas with all of our family this year. I have come to truly love family and enjoy spending time with ALL of my family.
  • Chocolate. I can't help it....I love chocolate!

I encourage all of you to take time to think about Christmas and what you enjoy before it passes us all by. Tis the Season!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. And I understand how much you miss family when you can't be with them as much as you like. I'm excited for the Christmas season!

Cami said...

You've inspired me!! I always try to be done with gifts way before Christmas so I can enjoy my family and the season and not be so stressed out...so far I have failed all attempts. But, after reading your blog, I am recommitting myself to do it this year! Thanks for the inspiriation!!!

Marilee said...

OKAY, Are you trying to make me jealous or what??? Christmas shopping done AND getting to spend Christmas with the family!!! Wow! I am ahead of you on the chocolate though. We have about 10 pounds of peanut clusters made to give to people. If they really make it out of the house......