Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Visit from Stacie

Sometimes I can be persuasive. Mostly I leave that up to my sister Stacie. But I did persuade Stacie to fly to my house from Minnesota for a visit. We normally get together and scrapbook, but this time she just came for a quick visit. My mom was still visiting from Utah, and my sister Marilee lives only an hour away from me...so it was a great opportunity for all 3 girls and my mom to be together. The first night she was here we decided to try Geocaching. My friend Amie told me about it a long time ago. It sounded fun and I thought I would give it a try. I don't have a GPS, but my parents do. If you've never heard of Geocaching, it is super fun. It is like a treasure hunt. You type in the Latitude & Longitude coordinates into your GPS and then you go find whatever is "hidden" at that location. It is very popular. The first night we tried Geocaching, we arrived at the first location and it started raining. We did find it, but then had to return home for the evening. The next day we went out and did a few more.

This is a picture of my Dad, Jordan, Lexi & me. My dad is holding his GPS, and I am holding a rock which was the item we were supposed to find with more coordinates. Stacie is taking the picture. My mom, Mason, and Kaylee were walking around at the time. If you haven't tried it....it is worth a try. My advice...wear tennis shoes and long pants.

The four of us girls wanted to spend some time together, so we all went over to Marilees house for a sleepover. We went to the movie "Julia & Julie" and out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. We had a fun time together.


Good Times!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I had a great time! And yes, you are very persuasive. I am going to try geocaching with my family. I think Jacob will really like it. Email me the picture of us 4. It is a good motivator for our diet challenge.