Friday, February 5, 2010

Little Conversations

I find it so hilarious to have conversations with my 2 year old. There is a point when you wonder what your baby is thinking and as they get older, it is fun when they can express themselves. This is a conversation I recently had with Mason:

Me: Mason, Do you want to go with me to the Doctors? Mommy has an appointment today.
Mason: Are they going to fix you?
Me: They are going to take some of my blood to make sure the baby is okay.
Mason: From your hair?
Me: No....they will take the blood from my arm.
Mason: Oh, yeah...right.

On the way to the Doctors office...

Mason (as we are pulling out of the driveway): Where is the doctors?
Me: It's about 10 minutes away.
Mason: Is that his house?
Me: No
Mason: Is that his house?
Me: No, that's not his office.
Mason: Is that his office?
Me: (We are barely pulling out of the neighborhood now) No.
Mason: Is it back behind us?
Me: No (growing a little impatient now)
Mason: Is it up ahead of us?
Me: Yes...we'll be there in just a bit.

At the Doctors office...

Mason: (Standing at the check in desk) Are we done yet?
Me: No, we just got here. It will be a little while.
Mason: (As a man walks by) Mom, who's that guy?
Me: Just a guy.
Mason: (As a woman walks by) Mom, who's that guy?
Me: That's just a woman
Mason: (As a woman with a cane walks by) Mom, what's that?
Me: That's a walking stick called a cane.

Okay....so the questions are endless, and sometimes it does get a little tiring answering all of his little questions. But since he's 2 and so inquisitive I know he is just learning so much and trying to take everything in. Such a fun stage.

4 comments:

nana said...

Those "little conversations" were my favorite when the children were little. I wish I could remember them better. . .

Stacie said...

You are a patient woman! The good thing is that he is still young enough so it is not embarrassing what he says about people. It gets interesting when they are older and people get offended easier.

Casey said...

I loved the one when Mason asked "Who is that guy" and it was a woman:} Laughed out loud--so funny!

merrilandsandy.blogspot.com said...

Mason is so fun. I remember a bunch of funny things you kids said, and it makes me smile now.
Write them down...

Some of them were mighty embarrassing...things that were said to people...I will have to tell you them personally.

I think you have a lot more questions when the baby comes...hee hee.