Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines

For those who follow my blog, you may remember that my diamond fell out of my wedding ring in January. For Valentines Day, Doug surprised me with having it fixed...hooray:
They also cleaned it. Now it is so pretty and shiny again...just like the day he proposed. We also had a "family" candlelight dinner.

This kids had homemade pizza, while Doug and I ate Steak. Yummmmm..... The candlelight part was Lexi's idea and somewhat last minute. But we lit some candles, turned off the lights, and played soft restaurant music. Everybody was happy.

I hope all of you had a great Valentines Day too!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

What a wonderful Valentines gift. Way to go Doug! I love the family candlelight dinner idea. I think I will try that next year. Especially making the kids something different than the adults.

Heather Justesen said...

We've had a family candle light dinner on Christmas Eve (our usual big dinner growing up) since I was about eight (I could swear we've done it longer than that, but my mom says no). It's fun, and amazing how much quieter kids are by candle light! lol

merrilandsandy.blogspot.com said...

Good for Doug! The ring looks great! Glad you had a great day.
Dad gave me a beautiful card that said everything we both feel, and $50 to spend on myself. Yeah...I can't figure out what to spend it on.....
Love you all...Candelite dinners are GREAT!!!!!! We had them often, but I don't remember very many times we invited the kids...hee hee. Of course we wer YOUNG then! I remember serving at a couple of candlelight dinners for you kids though!