Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day 2010

We've really enjoyed the holiday weekend. On Friday, we went to a concert and pot luck at Glenmere Park. Doug's marching band performed and we all enjoyed eating yummy food. Then, on Saturday morning we headed over to the parade. I went with some friends in our ward. It was fun to visit and not have to watch the parade by myself. Doug's group sounded great. They call it the "All City Band" because several students from different High Schools join together to march. Lexi, Cassidy Whetten, Jordan, Kaylee, and Mason
Later in the afternoon we rented "Alice In Wonderland" and "The Tooth Fairy" from Redbox. All of the kids went to Walmart and chose their own candy, popcorn, and soda. This is sooooo much cheaper than going to the theatre. It's definitely easier this way when you have little ones. So much fun.

We threw some burgers on the grill and had a BBQ. Yum! Once it was dark, we let the kids do sparklers (which they absolutely loved) and a few small fireworks. Definitely a fun day.

This morning I dragged all of the kids to the front porch for an Independence Day picture. I've been wanting to retake the "front porch picture" ever since we took the one in May because I just couldn't stand that Mason wasn't smiling in that first one. I had to make some farting noises, but was successfully able to get everyone to smile except for Noah. Hooray!
I hope everyone had a great weekend too!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

How did you end up with such a good picture of Doug marching if you didn't see him in the parade? You guys must have been just down the street from us during the parade. How was Alice in Wonderland? I've been meaning to pick that one up.

Kristi said...

Somebody else took that picture of Doug. I just swiped it off of facebook. :) Alice in wonderland was okay. The kids didn't pay too much attention to it though.

Heidi said...

Ok, I just want to know where you found shade on the parade route?! I had no idea there were shady spots (in Greeley)! Ha!