Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kaylee turns 9

Kaylee turned nine years old last week. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. In some ways, she acts 16. She talked me in to letting her get her ears pierced one year early. Originally, I told my girls they had to wait until they were 10. She has done an excellent job of taking care of them, so I think she was mature enough to get them done. She chose a ruby for her birthstone:

Kaylee and I had a mommy-daughter date. We went to see "Despicable Me" in 3D, had her ears pierced, and then went out to lunch. We had a great time! Before we headed home, I let her buy the newest Justin Bieber cd. I remember my first "famous boy crush". As a tween, I loved watching Kirk Cameron on "Growing pains". Awwww....life was so simple back then. I still feel like she is too young to have a boy crush though. I think I still thought boys were icky when I was 9. Lucky for her, the new cd had a Justin Bieber poster in it: The day before her birthday, her Uncle Kevin and cousin Tui visited from Utah. They were able to watch Kaylee open a few presents, eat brownies, and join in on a little bit of the festivities.
I think she was spoiled this birthday, because in addition to all of that, she went to the funplex twice in the 3 days over her birthday weekend. Once while Uncle Kevin and Tui were visiting, and once with Lexi and a friend. Instead of a birthday cake this year, she wanted donuts with ice cream in the middle.
I put together a small slide show of Kaylee growing up over the years:

Happy Birthday Kaylee!

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

It does sound like she was a little spoiled this year on birthday festivities. I'm so glad to have Kaylee in my Primary class, she's such a great girl! Happy birthday Kaylee!

Andi said...

Yeah for the ear piercing! We've had fun changing out Paige's earrings each day. Happy Birthday to Kaylee, she seems like such a sweet girl!

Stacie said...

Kaylee was a very lucky girl. She must had a lot of fun. I loved watching her slide show. I remember all of those pictures. She has changed. She is a cute girl. She is growing up fast.

nana said...

Andi had her ears pierced before kindergarten. I don't think she remembers her ears any other way. . .I love little, or big girls in cute earrings!!

I love how your family celebrates birthdays! Marilyn