Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can you say "EMBARRASSING"?

Today while I was in the check-out line at Wal-Mart I received a phone call on my cell phone. My cell phone doubles as my business line/personal line. I hesitated answering it wondering if I should take the call because it was a little noisy and not the best place to answer a business call. Then I thought, "What if it is the elementary school? I better answer it." It turned out to be a business call. Luckily the line was long and I could concentrate on getting information for a cleaning. When I was done with my phone call I turned and looked at Mason who was sitting in the cart. He, apparently, got into my purse and found a tampon. He was happily chewing on the tampon while waiting in line. Can you say "EMBARRASSING"? I quickly put it away and looked around to see if anyone was watching. I don't know if anyone saw or not, but I am choosing to believe that nobody saw this little act. I know that this will not be the only time I will be embarrassed by my children. The reassuring thing is that they will also, at one time or another, be embarrassed by me too.

Another interesting tidbit. When I walked out of Wal-Mart there was the local News Station interviewing people. The issue? Rosanne apparently said that everyone who lives in Pahrump is a hooker. I declined to comment on grounds that I might say something even worse than there being hookers here in Pahrump (Not that I have ever seen one). I told Doug about this when I got home and he summed it up nicely by saying something like "the hookers are probably the high end citizens here in Pahrump". I'm not saying that there aren't a few normal people in Pahrump, but out of the 45,000 people or so that live here there are just too many people living in trailers wearing wife beater tank tops and missing most of their teeth.

So, how was your day?

3 comments:

Katie said...

That tampon story is priceless!

Wow, how nice to live a city of white trash. Or, maybe not.

Andi said...

From the way you describe your town, maybe having your kids chew on a tampon just isn't that big of deal? A matter of perspective, I suppose...

Heather Justesen said...

You're all hookers, huh? Well, that's Roseanne for you. I'm surprised anyone even listens to her anymore. Funny story about your son!