Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Retirement Dad!

The day has finally come for my dad to retire. A day that we all look forward to for one reason or another. Since my mom retired last month, they both have the time to do what they want to do. He retired last friday and it only took 3 days before they were up in the mountains camping....a favorite for both of them. I have to say that I am extremely jealous. A few memories of my dad are:

  • He has always had a good work ethic. He works hard and follows the rules without complaint...going the extra mile.
  • He would do backflips to help someone in need.
  • He gives good logical advice. He often uses his own life experiences as examples in sharing his advice.
  • He has a heart of gold.
  • He is a spiritual giant.
  • He loves basketball, and more basketball, and more basketball, and then maybe some more basketball.
  • He loves camping, fishing, and riding his ATV.
  • He gives wonderful priesthood blessings.
  • He hates pets (but won't deny that he liked Pudge(a past dog we owned))
  • There's nothing like a good movie with a Hot Dog, Chips, and a glass of Milk.
  • Games Games Games...with competition as good as me (tee hee hee). "Drawing the line" is a good luck charm that only worked in the good ol' days....luck like Yahtzee.
  • "Hi, My name is Joe" I don't think I ever really understood this.
  • He loves to read mystery Suspense novels and the newspaper.
  • Poems at the pulpit are priceless.

I love you dad and I hope that your retirement years are as enjoyable as you hope them to be.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Retirement! A well deserved "vacation."