Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Sanity Getaway

Last weekend I was able to go to St. George, UT for a "Sanity Getaway". My sister called me on Thursday and asked me what I was doing for the weekend. This is a weird question to ask because she lives in another state. The next day I was headed to St. George for a scrapbooking weekend. Stacie (my sister) was planning on going to Las Vegas with a friend when her plans fell through. Her husband had already taken Friday off of work and she had set everything up to be gone for the weekend...so she was extremely disappointed when her friend was unexpectedly unable to go. I had to make some arrangements, but I was able to pull it off. We missed having my mom come (she was visiting Marilee in Colorado). And last time we scrapbooked Heather came and we missed her too. We normally try to have these sanity weekends about twice a year. I was able to scrapbook 23 pages beating out my sister by 1 page. (This is always a big deal). She might argue that she came down with a cold while we were there and had to take cold medicine, thus giving her a handicap...but I don't take this into consideration. The reason I don't take this into consideration is because the last two times we have gone scrapbooking I was sick or in pain and those "handicaps" were not taken into consideration at that time. I have a wonderful husband, who despite his full weekend of a band performance and a final paper for his current Masters Degree class, took charge upon him my responsibilities as well as his. All I have to say is, "A happy mom is a happy home"..and after my sanity getaway...I am a happy mom. I took my camera, but I was so busy scrapbooking that I didn't take any pictures. Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I need one of those weekends away with my sister to scrapbook...because I haven't scrapbooked in 3 years, so I'm seriously, miserably, desperately behind.

I like your saying about a Happy Mom means a Happy Home. I've also heard and truly believe "A happy wife makes for a happy life."

Cheryl said...

I would agree A happy mom is a happy home, but I would rather go sit on the beach and watch the waves, go get a pedicure and drink a cold beverage with an umbrella in it, than scrapbook. But that's just me.

Kathryn said...

You go lady!! I totally agree. I can't wait for my scrapbook weekend in October.

Andi said...

Yeah for great husbands! I have one too! ;)

nana said...

I am envious of your scrapbooking weekend! That is something I would like to do. I bet you guys had a great time.