Friday, October 9, 2009

Not again!

Okay...so here goes....

Doug and I are expecting our 5th child in April. Our first four were planned, this one is a little bit of a surprise. The emotions that I have felt the last few months have been so incredible. First, it didn't feel real. I thought, NO WAY. I had prayed about it earlier and felt like...yes, we are done. I didn't feel physically, emotionally, spiritually, or financially ready to have another child. Slowly, over the past 3 months, I have been able to change those feelings to acceptance, peace and overwhelming joy. I love being a mom. I love watching my children learn and grow. I love the excitement of holidays that children express. I've just started my 2nd trimester and I know that once this new little spirit comes, I won't remember how our family was without him/her. At one time I even felt guilty for being pregnant. I know so many women who struggle with even getting pregnant. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He knew that there was just one more spirit waiting to come down.

When we told the kids, they were sooooo excited. They had me pull out their scrapbooks so they could see what they looked like as a newborn. They jumped online to look at the most popular baby names. (Which they are convinced we are having a boy named Tyler). I overheard the girls playing dolls and one of the dolls was a baby boy named Tyler. So cute.

Since we were "done", we gave away ALL of our baby clothes, furniture, maternity clothes, etc. So it'll be like starting all over again. Most of the stuff we had was from Jordan 10 years ago and is outdated anyways.

So, here is to another life changing experience!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!! We're super excited for you. I hope all goes well. And since you have to buy all new stuff, I hope it's a girl. We need a new little girl in the fam. Good luck!!

Andi said...

Congrats! I think it is wonderful and am glad your kids are so excited for you. Isn't that the way life goes?... you get rid of the baby stuff, decide you are done, and God makes other plans for you! Sometimes it's good that we aren't really in charge. ;)

Best wishes!

severts6 said...

Oh Kristi, I'm sooo excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!

Tiff & Ken said...

Congratulations. It reminds me of when Ken and I where done, sold all the baby stuff, traded the van in for a car, and a week later got a surprise. That's awesome!

charese said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!! Hope you are feeling well.

Kathryn said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! You certainly surprised me. When are you due? How are you feeling? THat is so great and I am really happy for you and your family!

Stacie said...

I have gone through all the emotions about your pregnancy. The laughing because you WERE done, the shock that your life will be totally different than what you thought and the happiness that you get to go through all the fun things about having a baby. Congrats!

nana said...

Zak was our #5. He was the best surprise of our lives! At the first of the pregnancy I had much of the same feelings as you have had. I am excited and congrats!

Oh yes, I went to the best little pumpkin patch while I visited my grandchildren this past weekend. I hope you get there. I am thinking it is north of Miliken(sp). It has a little small maze, scarry little haunted shack, and the best Indian corn and gourds. I am hoping the pumpkins didn't freeze too badly. Hope you get there this year. . .or next. . .

PeavoyMom said...

KRISTI!!!! That is so exciting!!! And wonderful!!!! And awesome. Congratulations to you and your whole family! Babies are so fun!

nichole said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! This sweet new spirit is lucky to have you as a mother.

Love
Nichole Yoakum

JoAnn said...

Wow, very exciting! I hope it goes well for you.