Monday, May 3, 2010

The death of a loved one...sort of

Our beloved hamster "Oreo" recently died. He was getting pretty old...(over 3 years). I think he contracted pink eye or something. I feel guilty for not being sad (in fact, I felt happy). I felt bad for Oreo. Nobody ever played with him. I'm the one who cleaned his cage and fed him most of the time. He spent his time trying to escape...and frankly, I don't blame him. I would be bored to tears if I were him. Nobody was really attached to him and a few of the kids immediately asked what pet we could get next. (I'm thinking we will stay pet free for as long as possible...I'm just not a pet person). Mason and Doug at the funeral:

Oreo's Funeral from Kristi Farr on Vimeo.

(

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

You guys could borrow our dog. She's big and sweet. Then maybe they won't want one!