Thursday, May 27, 2010

New (to us) Piano

When we moved from Nevada to Colorado we had to sell our baby grand player piano. It was too big and too heavy to move. I was sad. Even though I don't play the piano, I missed it. Doug plays well and the kids love the piano too. I wish I would have stuck to piano lessons when I was younger. For the past few months we have had an electric keyboard in the house, but it's just not the same. The other day I found an ad in the paper that said free piano...good condition. I thought...what's wrong with it? Why are they giving it away? Nobody gives away a free piano for no reason. Doug and I decided to check it out anyways. What could it hurt? So...here's our new upright grand piano:

After a ton of cleaning (inside and out), it doesn't look too bad...for a free piano. The keys are stained and worn, but there is a special paint that we can buy to try to do some repair on them. The sound is in really good condition. We are on the lookout for a piano bench.

The other problem we ran in to was where to place it in our house. You are supposed to put piano's on an inside wall, but we only have one in the entire downstairs and we are forced to have our couch there because of the layout. So it doesn't look the best where it is, but will have to do.

So until we have the money to buy a brand new, awesome looking piano...we are going to enjoy this free piano. We are all happy. One step at a time....

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I am soooo jealous! I am also happy for you but more jealous than happy. You can still take lessons even though your an old woman. I am not sure it is a good idea to have Doug give you them though. It could cause lots of fights. Atleast Jordan can now continue his lessons.

Pauline said...

That looks like my parents piano. I miss their piano, it has an awesome sound.

merrilandsandy.blogspot.com said...

I was there when you got the piano and it has lots of possibility. I am glad you got the insides cleaned out.

The tone was good. Glad you got it.