Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Update

We have been really busy lately and I thought I would give a quick update on each of our family members.

Doug has been busy with Marching Band. His students are working hard practicing, performing in the Fall Fest Parade, playing at all the home football games, and getting ready for competition. We all know that Doug is hardly ever home during Marching Band season. On top of Marching Band, Doug is teaching private music lessons 4 days a week, He's in the Young Mens Presidency at Church, the Scoutmaster, the Stake Music Leader, and is trying to finish up his Masters Degree. If he can make it through this last semester of school he'll graduate in December...WOO HOO. Since he is soooo busy he'll have to pull a few all nighters. I won't hesitate to say that I can't wait to get my husband back.

Jordan has been busy with school, piano and cub scouts. He recently wrote an essay at school about himself...he cracked me up. He said he loves to exercise and that he's "peculiar because of his unknown imagination". Jordan loves Math and he is in an accelerated math class this year.

Kaylee has been losing all of her teeth. She is 7 and I wondered when she was going to start losing those teeth...but once they started falling out, they just kept coming. She is in ballet, girl scouts and piano this year and so far has been loving it.

Lexi has loved going to Kindergarten. She loves her teacher. She has a friend named Alexa that I watch 3 days a week that goes to school with her and it is so fun to listen to them play. It's been really nice to have Alexa here because Lexi gets sooo bored on the 2 days that I don't watch her. Lexi is also taking tap dance and girl scouts this year.

Mason is at such a fun age. He, of course, is still into anything he can get his hands on, but he is so adorable I just have to hug and kiss him all day long. This week Mason decided that he is too big to be in his high chair. He can now climb onto the chair and sit at the table. He insists to eat there. I still try to put him in the High Chair as much as possible due to how messy and destructive he can be with his food.

I'm just busy being a Mom, working here and there with my business, and loving my calling in the Primary Presidency. I'm also trying to focus on losing weight. I've been able to work out 5 times a week for the past couple of weeks. I really enjoy working out. My struggle has always been with food...I love food (especially sweet food). I have been able to successfully switch my family to 100 percent whole wheat bread....hooray! I'm trying to gradually eat healthy and make better decisions for me and my family.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their family as much as I'm enjoying mine!

4 comments:

Cami said...

Fun new page. Sounds like you have your hands full! I love to hear about other families and the happenings going on, don't you sometimes wonder how we get it all done (well, most of the time anyway). And life just wouldn't be complete without all the happy craziness!

Kathryn said...

You are one busy, but seem to be happy Mom! Thanks for the awesome update. I feel your pain with the husband thing. This too shall pass, right?

PeavoyMom said...

Busy busy busy! We are so excited to have Mason come to Nursery next Sunday!!! How exciting for you and him and Doug! No more wondering the halls for two hours during church.

Marilee said...

Hey Kristi,
You make me tired just reading all of the stuff you and your family are doing. I am so impressed about your working out. How did you get the kids to like whole wheat bread? I liked the Dad song. But men must say more than Ask Your Mom to the kids. I would at least add, "I don't know. Ask your Mom." Ha Ha
Thanks for getting me into blogging. We have been decorating for Halloween. (It's all Nathaniel. He is the total motivator.) I hope to put some Halloween pictures on my blog when I get through. Love Ya, Marilee