Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Fest Parade

Every year, near the beginning of October, our town has "Fall Fest". This includes a parade, carnival, entertainment, etc. This year was no exception. Doug's Marching Band marched in the parade. Jordan tagged along with them. Unfortunately, I got there a little bit late and missed the Marching Band...they were within the first 10 entries. BUMMER! I did however catch the girl scout float that both Kaylee & Lexi were riding on. Here are some pics...


With Doug, Jordan, Kaylee, & Lexi in the parade...that left Mason & I to watch the parade:
Mason had a great time, but mostly wanted to run in the street. Due to this fact, I left right after the girls went by on their float. Truthfully, I don't find the Pahrump Parade all that exciting. They don't have very many good floats and it's mostly politicians handing out brochures. I'll probably still end up going every year as long as my kids are still enjoying it though.


We didn't end up going to the carnival. It is soooo expensive. If you don't pre-pay for the tickets it is $35/person (pre-pay is $18/person). Also, the best night to go was on Thursday and I worked that night. The carnival does look fun, but I think I'll save a few more bucks and go to Disneyland. Doug's choir did sing a few numbers at the carnival and Doug also sang a few songs with the community choir.

2 comments:

PeavoyMom said...

We missed the parade, and spent everyday at the fall fest, but didn't go on a single ride due to the prices. I'm totally with you on Disneyland for next year!

Katie said...

Disneyland ROCKS!