Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No more braces

Last Friday, Jordan was able to get his braces and spacer off....Woo Hoo. He only had to have them on for about a year. His front teeth are very straight now and he has more room in his mouth to allow his other teeth to come in. I'm hoping that we won't have to have any more orthodontics on him. I'll keep my fingers crossed. The first thing he ate was a big pretzel (not allowed with braces) and the last two days he's been eating granola (that wasn't allowed either). So he is enjoying eating some of the foods that weren't allowed over the past year. Tomorrow he gets a retainer that he has to wear.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I can't believe how young they can get braces now. I had to suffer through middle school with them on. They look great. I can remember like it was yesterday how good it felt to get them off. YEAH!

Stacie said...

That's great! This year went by fast. Hopefully he won't need anymore work. It costs way too much for braces! Looks good.

severts6 said...

Congrats Jordan!! Now you're going to have to beat the girls off with a stick!

Sandy said...

Wow you look great Jordan! I am glad you can eat the foods you want now.
Congrats! ALSO! Congratulations on your perfect state math score and the winning of the $50! Have fun spending that! We are all proud of you!
Love you,
Grandma "B" (i.e., Gram-cracker!)