Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today my first born is a tween. I can't believe how old I am....I mean, how old he is. :) Yep...Jordan turned 10 today. He had a great birthday. Doug came home from Scout Camp this morning which was a great present. Jordan didn't want a big party. He just wanted a couple of friends over to swim and BBQ some hot dogs. He loves Sonic the hedgehog and I finally broke down and made him a Sonic the Hedgehog Cake. He has asked for a Sonic cake for about 3 years now, so I thought I would make it this year before he outgrows him. I actually have a lot of fun making birthday cakes. I love how the camera caught the splash behind Kaylee on this picture. So cool!
(I wanted to put this picture of Mason in because if you notice on the corner of the table, he insisted on trying a flaming hot cheese puff. He made a funny face and drank about half of his apple juice after trying it, but I was actually surprised at how mild his reaction was.)Jordan had a great party and a great day. Some days I still remember Jordan like this: This is in 2001...a little over a month after he turned 2. Blonde Blonde hair. He felt so privileged that I would let him hold Kaylee for this picture and he didn't care that she was screaming her head off. What a sweet day that was. Happy Birthday Jordan!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

What an awesome cake! Jacob asked for Sonic several years and I ended up having him design it and laminating it to put on top of the cake. Where did you find the design? What a fun party. You are sure going to miss your pool when you move. I remember you taking that picture of Jordan when he was 2. Wow, how he has grown.

All for J's said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!! Great pictures!! 10 is when they become tweens?? I'm so not cool and up with those terms lol!

Andi said...

I'm impressed with your cake. It turned out great!

Best wishes on your move to CO. Derek and Jill live there... they are in Johnstown. I hope your house sells quickly!

Casey said...

Looks like such a fun day! Love the Sonic cake.

Angela said...

Wow, I am impressed! You could do cakes professionally!
Those pictures are so cute. I love the old picture too. You never realize how fast time flies until you pull out an old pic.

Sandy said...

Sorry, I am just getting to this, but I wanted to comment on your fabulous cake. Yes, I remember when Jordan was born, and now here he is 10 yrs old! How time flies! Looks like he had a very fun party!