Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Stuff!

Happy St. Patricks Day! I like St. Patricks Day because it is one of the easiest holidays to please my children....and it only takes a few drops of green food coloring. Here's what was on the breakfast menu today:

Green scrambled eggs, a green drink, and green buttered toast. I had to convince the girls that it tasted exactly the same as it does when it is not colored. I joined in on the fun too:

I often make a fruit smoothie for breakfast and today I just added a drop or two of food coloring. Next to the smoothie you'll notice green butter, green mayonnaise, and army green peanut butter. I thought I would extend the food fun to the kids' lunches today. Happy St. Patricks Day!

Have you done anything fun to celebrate the holiday?

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

What an AWESOME mom!! My kids were lucky to get breakfast this morning and off to school on time today! Last night, we went to Blue Man group (wrong color) and didn't get home till 1:15 am. Maybe I will do a green dinner. That could be interesting. You have inspired me! I am going to the canery today. Do you think they will let me add a little food coloring so that in thirty years I will have a little surprise when I open my wheat?

All for J's said...

So cute! You are a great mom! The only thing I did was make sure Jarrin wore his bright green shirt for school. I wanted to die dinner green ( chken n rice )but I don't think the family could handle it today with their tummy probs. :(. I'm glad that you're kids are feeling better.

Katie said...

We didn't have any green food, but we did make leprechaun traps! See my blog for pics.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kristi! You've won the Tiny Talks give-away on my blog at Not Entirely British.

Please go to my website contact page HERE and send me your mailing address, which I can then forward to Lee Ann Setzer so she can mail you the prize.

Thanks for taking part. Enjoy!

Aronica said...

I thought I was the only person who fed army green peanut butter to my children on St. Patrick's day! We eat green alllll day long... green pancakes, eggs & milk for breakfast, green peanut butter... I often make green Irish Soda bread (so yummy) and green mashed potatoes with dinner... green cake for desert! LOL Glad to see I'm not the only one! How fun!